Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Must sleep... but can't....

So I tried to transfer to a store that's really close to where I'll be living, and even though it is harshly understaffed, the manager didn't want me because I'm a student. She had too many students so she wanted someone with full-time availabilities. All I can say to her (though not to her face) is... good luck finding someone like that! I mean, if you needed a full-time job... would you work part-time at a Starbucks? Or more like, if you wanted a part-time job but you had the means for a full-time schedule, why the heck would you work for Starbucks when you could get paid more with better hours somewhere else? Basically, she was looking for people that wanted to join the company from the bottom up. And we all know that the only people willing to work, at least part-time, at retail places are students. Sigh. I wish I could argue that with her, but hey, she doesn't want me. So I'll just have to find another store. The good thing about Starbucks is that it's Starbucks, and therefore everywhere.

Trying to watch the Olympics nowadays... but the call of City of Heroes is too strong!

No comments: