Friday, August 13, 2004

Tired, can't write much.

Yes, I was at a convention. SIGGRAPH is THE big one for computer graphics. Next year, I'm hoping to be passing my reel around. We did a lot of interactive digital art today and saw a few short films. No go on the raffles, though Dave did win something. We went and collected all the reel DVDs from the various art schools and watched them afterwards. So far the ones that impressed me were Savannah College of Art and Design and Ringling School of Art and Design, and the Media Design school in New Zealand left me less-than-impressed. For those of you that know, SCAD was the school I was seriously thinking of attending right out of Berkeley. The main thing that stopped me (besides finances) was that my portfolio sucked and I wanted to develop a good one and also get some non-flaky teachers to write my letters of rec. Anyway, now... I don't think I need to pursue another higher education degree to get my foot in the door of this crazy business, but a part of me is thinking about teaching (at a college), so that's always an option.

Good night. I guess I wasn't that tired. ;-)

No comments: