Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Back in school... and already memories of Spring Break are becoming a blur. I was late to class... again. I just couldn't pull myself out of bed earlier, and then Dad had another computer question. I mean, I'm glad to help and all, but honestly, most of those questions are stuff I don't know off the bat and I have to find out, and that is something he can do himself! I think I became a crutch for him. Before, he was forced to figure out everything by himself. But now, one little thing goes wrong, and it's "JEEEEAAANNNAAAA---YAAAAAHHH." "Yes, Dad?" "I clicked upload and it's not working!" "Dad, the program froze, you have to refresh the page and start over." "How do you do that?" Sigh. "Here, Dad." "How can you change this to get rid of the background?" "Well, Dad, you probably want to use Photoshop instead of Paint." "Photoshop? Where's that?" "Just go to 'All Programs'...."

You get the idea. Really simple stuff. Which only makes me realize why basic computer classes are so popular. Most people see the computer as such a mysterious thing that only an "expert" can tell them how to use.

No comments: