Thursday, April 17, 2003

The people in my class at my old church in Berkeley (KCPC) are sending "annual update" e-mails about what's been going on in their lives. Some people have shocked. I'm amazed at the number of people going back to school, though. (One thing that bothers me is that it's always the same ol' people responding, and I would like to know what's going on with other people that I knew but don't have their e-mail addresses.)

Anyway, before I respond, I'd have to think about my life first. I've rather avoided the old KCPC group, scattered as they are. Well, last year I did that cuz I was going through issues and I retreated into my shell and only associated with the closest friends. (Meaning a lot of peripheral friends got cut off.) Anyway, my life hasn't gotten much better or worse. Sure, I've gotten wiser, but who the heck wants to read about that? (Oh, sorry readers....)

One big major life lesson: Relationships are hard work and if you depend on them to fix your problems, you're in for a major screwin'. So why have a relationship? I think because they're like kids. It's fulfilling. So they say. But you still have diarrhea diaper changes and 4-am feedings. Makes me wonder why I want one so much.

No comments: