Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I got my baby back. Too bad she hasn't been handled much since. (I'm... talking about my computer. Heh heh. I got a new hard drive and now it's faster! Yippee!)

I've got a long-weekend this weekend cuz school's out on Friday and work's closed on Monday. Sooooo... now what? If anything, I guess I can spend that time catching up on movies and stuff, but it's too easy to hole myself and withdraw from people. Sucky. I should go seek out other people who have the days off.

It's kinda funny, but I feel like I'm surrounded by Republicans. I think now more than ever I know I am a staunch... moderate. Cop-out? Perhaps. But liberals are too illogical and conservatives are too cold-hearted. I'm a pragmatist, and the only reason why I don't do more for politics is because it's too damn hard to keep up with the Bushes.

My mom's going crazy at home right now, cooking and whatnot. She tends to go overboard for guests. She has to constantly tell herself that not that many people are coming, and more than once I have to "veto" yet another dish she feels she has to make. There are 2 meat dishes, 2 fish dishes, about 3 vegetable dishes, fried jun, soup, and dduk and fruit for dessert. If I didn't have school today, I would have been frying from morning 'til evening. And there are only about nine people coming! It's chu-do-shik, the day to honor the death and life of my dad's grandfather. Well, at least we'll have some good food left over. :)

No comments: