Friday, May 02, 2003

So I came to school early in hopes of doing some extra credit work... and I forgot my book!!! Argh!!!

I was reading Christine's blog, and it was funny hearing about her being dependent on calculators. It reminds me how geeky I am cuz I like solving math problems for fun. Okay, okay, I'm not that geeky. Actually, I had to solve a lot of SAT math problems cuz of teaching for Kaplan and tutoring. But it's really cool to have a problem, a diagram, or some word problem, and you don't know how to start but you tinker around 'til you find the solution. And then you get this satisfying feeling of a job well done. Then my laundry piles and dust bunnies stand up and applaud.

I think it's something that's been a challenge to me, actually, cuz the way I approach a math problem isn't the same way that the kids do, and it's my job to help them solve the problem, not for me to act all geeky and go around yelling, "The answer is B!" Yeah, geeky. I'm so ashamed. Well, no, I'm not. I'm a geek and I'm proud of it!!!

On a side, note, would you, by small, yet faithful readership, prefer that I put a comment thing on this blog?

No comments: