Thursday, May 15, 2003

Today's model was one we had before, but she wasn't nude then. She's an old woman, and just looking at her reminds me of how thin my grandmother got in the hospital when she was sick and dying. The only difference is that this woman was thin everywhere except for her hips. She was rather extremely pear-shaped.

Sometimes I feel stuck, like I'm running and running and going nowhere. I think that partially stems from other people in my life are out doing stuff. Well, at least working full-time, starting their careers, pursuing higher education, or even settling down with someone. Even though I'm only 24, I feel like I'm gonna blink, and suddenly I'm 30, the world has passed me by, and I'm exactly the same. I keep saying to myself, after this month, after this year, after I finish this.... I gotta slap myself and say, no, you're not stuck, you have goals, you have dreams, and most of all, you have faith that God is leading you somewhere. It's just hard to gauge the journey when the landscape's bleak.

No comments: