Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool, thanks guys!!! Oh, and thanks for your congrats! I mean, I don't think it's too difficult to get into the Academy, but hey, I did put a lot of work into that stupid portfolio, so why don't I just make myself feel better and say that it's tough to get in. :) (I think, from what I've gathered, as long as you've done a lot of figure drawing, you're in.)

Now, on to more important matters: I am not in a love crisis.

Okay, y'know how among friends (or at least among girl friends) we talk about who's cute and would you go out with him and other such nonsense? Well, I was doing that with you, my readership! I just mentioned a guy that I had met who I thought was cute. (And the more I type "cute" the more I sound like some junior high schoolgirl.) That whole thing about him wanting to be a missionary just made me think-- in general -- of how I would feel about marrying a missionary. Because if I do (and I'm not talking about this particular guy, just about missionary guys in general), then basically it would mean that I too would have to be a missionary and move out to the mission field and raise my kids out there, etc. And... then I was wondering about whether or not I would be willing to be a missionary if God led me to be one. Marrying one is definitely leading me to be one.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much choice I have in the matter of choosing a future mate. But if I did have some choice in it, because of my lack of willingness at the moment to be a missionary, I think I would choose not to hook up with one. But I believe that God does have a plan (at least for the major stuff like career and family) so if He chose a missionary husband for me... well, I can only wonder if I would submit to that decision. Comments?

BTW, did anybody read that bunny story that I put the link onto for June 21? I just found it to be really sad yet heartwarming. And it made me feel guilty for not taking care of my aunt's dog better (we're dog-sitting). And though I've never had a consistent pet (none lived longer than a few months with us) I've seen people that get really devoted to their pets. Anyway, it kinda made me wish I too had a pet that I could love like a kid. Though... maybe the others dying like that is telling me that I'm cursed. Or at least not a good pet-owner.

No comments: