Monday, June 23, 2003

It sucks that in this world, beauty comes in expensive bottles, and so many people are buying it. I mean, unfortunately, in this world, for a woman to succeed, she needs to have certain standards of appearance. It's almost funny being looked at upon with pity by the girls at the make-up counter. At least I got a free eyebrow-shaping. I mean, I do wish that my skin would clear up (or at least stop itching), but it's been such a struggle most of my adolescent and post-adolescent life, that I almost think of it as my thorn in the side that God has put. Either that, or else He's telling me to take care of myself better. J

So there's this guy that I met, and I'm thinking, he's cute, he's Christian, I wonder.... But then I learn that he wants to be a missionary, and then I'm thinking, oh, that's bad. He loves the Lord too much. And then I stop myself. What? Love the Lord too much?!? Can that ever be possible? If anything, we don't love the Lord enough. And I'm automatically crossing him off my list cuz he wouldn't make a "proper" husband with the 9-to-5 job and 2.5 kids out in the suburbs with a white picket fence?

Okay, stop right there, there's nothing going on here. We're not dating, it's not even considered, we've only talked briefly, I don't want any gossip or speculation here. It's one of those things you think about when you're single, when you meet someone of the opposite gender, you size him/her up and wonder if this person might be The One. The One Who Will Stop the Machines and Win the War for Zion. Um... no.

Anyway, it was something that I hadn't thought too much about. Would I be willing to lead a "difficult" life if the Lord leads me to it? I mean, I'm somewhat of a coward, so I don't see myself going out in the world doing missions, but what if the husband God leads me to wants to do it? I really admire missionaries and those who forsake a comfortable life so that they can be in the trenches for God. This is too mind-boggling. Perhaps it's good that I'm single.

BTW, I am in the Academy! Woo-hoo! There are some conditions attached to it, but I hope that doesn't mean that I'm limited in the classes I can take. After all, I'm not there for a certificate. I'm there to gain job skills and improve my portfolio. I don't want to take some of those classes that they want me to take.

For those of you that are willing, could you pray for my job situation? Bills are mounting and I am desperate.

No comments: