Monday, May 17, 2004

Back by popular demand... my weekly schedule!

Mon -- work from 3 to 4 pm that got cancelled
Tue -- School all day, hopefully get there earlier to talk to a teacher
Wed -- 9 am to 3:30 pm
Thu -- afternoon class cancelled, evening class still goes on
Fri -- no work, perhaps trip to hair salon w/ Mom
Sat -- 7:30 pm to 12:45 pm
Sun -- church, then 5 to 10 pm

So yeah, my review today got cancelled. I was sort of dreading it, but I can't avoid it forever. It got cancelled, though, when the Manager-Trainee didn't show up (and won't for the whole week) and my manager spent the day tracking her down as well as taking her kid to the doctor. Her kids get sick a lot. Well, perhaps cuz it's where she works, or with three kids (and one more on the way) one kid is bound to get get every other week. Her kids are 5, 3, and 1. BTW, did I mention that she's only turning 24 this year?

I've been procrastinating as usual, and it doesn't help that I'm sick today. I'm not sure what it is, but I woke up this morning nauseous and threw up. I haven't thrown up in a long time. Ugh, it's awful. Your throat burns from the stomach acid, and there wasn't much food I threw up since it had been digesting overnight. Well, my hunger's back, sort of, but I can't eat just anything, and now I'm dealing with body aches and chills, and possibly a slight fever. I'm wondering if this is food poisoning, though I can't think of what might have been tainted. Even the milks I used in the drinks at work were first steamed to 150+ degrees.

I'm wary of taking tylenol or something just cuz I don't want my symtoms to last longer than they have to. But enough about my innards....

One comment I want to make about the movie A Wrinkle in Time which was shown last Monday on ABC. A Wrinkle in Time is one of my favorite books, and I've read most of the sequels. But I wasn't too happy with the movie, mainly cuz they tried to add too much modern psychology into it. The book was written in the 60's, and they tried to update it too much, I think. But for the most part, it is pretty faithful to the book. They probably could have made the bad guy a lot more ominous if they had just invested in bigger special effects and didn't deal so much with Meg's emotional problems. And I guess it was tough to cast a 6-yr-old genius since so few child actors can pull that off. Anybody else see this movie?

Okay, feeling crappy still. I'm going to take a nap. Remember folks, watch Colonial House tonight on PBS! (Oprah had a good show today, too, when she and Gayle visited the colony for two days.)

No comments: