Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A coupla things I forgot to mention:

I got a raise at work (yay!) of eleven cents an hour (boo!). Woo-hoo, I'm rolling in the money now. If I got it in pennies and spread it very thinly on the floor.

At work the other day, a girl's car stopped in the parking lot while I was taking out the trash. She looked distressed and I asked her if she needed help. Only when I started pushing her car (though at first I couldn't cuz she didn't put it in neutral, and I'm wondering why it's so hard) did someone else join in. I did wait a few minutes before I asked if she wanted help cuz I wanted to finish taking out the trash. However, since her hazards were on and she had that panicked stare in her eyes, I figured she was in distress.

It reminded me of the time my car overheated and stalled on the freeway. I tried to pull over, but my car stopped halfway so that the butt-end was in the lane. I tried pushing it myself but there's only so much you can do my yourself, especially if you're trying to push and steer at the same time. It was early afternoon rush hour and there were plenty of cars on the road, moving rather slowly. I called my mom to help but meanwhile, people drove by and no one offered to help. BUT, a lot of people did roll their windows down and told me that the butt-end of my car was in the lane. I think it was nearly fifteen minutes before somebody pulled over and asked me if I needed help.

I kept thinking of that while I was pushing this girl's car. I mean, how dense are people that if they see a lone girl in distress with a car half-way pulled over with hazard light and steam coming out of the front, that they'd think I'm just stupid and decided to park randomly in the middle of the freeway?

Okay, gotta go. SIGGRAPH awaits. Tonight, people from Shrek 2! And they're screening the entire movie!

No comments: