Monday, September 15, 2003

It started with intense pain in my left ear on Wednesday night, it spread to my throat on Thursday, and by Sunday, my nose got stuffy. Apparently, for some people, they develop colds in this manner. I usually don't have to deal with the earrache and just go from sore throat to head cold, which might progress to chest cold.

The thing about the earache is that it caused my inner outer ear to swell up, so now it's still swollen, and if I massage it, then it hurts like hell and fluids start coming out of it.

But I did cover a shift for a co-worker, and I definitely needed the hours. This past week, I was sent home an hour early two times cuz of lack of business. Tonight, the other girl on was sent home early. So even though I was feeling stuffy (which, surpringly, wasn't too bad during work, and only got worse towards the very end). In fact, despite my sickness, I was on fire, crankin' out drinks one after the other!

I finally picked up my tips today. Ooh... nice. It's quite a bit of money, actually, but then it encompasses several weeks, so I'm not quite sure how much extra per hour. I have to make sure I don't go spend-crazy. After all, I still need to recover financially from the wedding expenses (at my end), car expenses, and I want to save up for LASIK, and perhaps even a fun trip in the winter. Oh, and there's also school expenses, too. But being a US citizen and a California resident makes it not as bad. There are a lot of F-1 Visa students there, and they are going through hell. For one thing, they have to maintain at least 12 units, which doesn't seem so bad except that a lot of them have to work to pay for their keep, so it leaves little time for study and socialization. Tough noogies for them.

Homework awaits. Procrastination sucks.

No comments: