Sunday, September 21, 2003

Work was really busy tonight. I joked that it was because they didn't have live music there outside to scare away the customers. We have three new people at the store. I'm no longer the newbie. It was funny cuz in the first half of my shift, there were three other people there, the lead, the girl who was hired a week before me, and the new guy. Hy-larious. Between the three of us (not including the lead, obviously) we had less than three months experience total. It's kinda funny seeing the new guy screw up with stuff I was screwing up with. But everybody did their fair share of screwing up. The main thing was that we were just packed until about 11 pm. A line out the wazoo, a crowd of people waiting for drinks, and tons of mess-ups.

Sooo tired. I woke up this morning (technically yesterday morning) at 7 am to go hiking with my family. My parents have been going pretty regularly during the weekends since they got the pass in July. Basically this one place in Azusa. It wasn't a long hike. About three or four miles roundtrip. And being nestled in the mountains, we were mostly shaded from the morning sun. There were more strenuous paths, but I think we're saving them for the "younger folks" come Thanksgiving or Christmas, depending on when los Keno plan on visiting. Which means that I will definitely be lagging behind since I won't have a coupla fifty-somethings to keep company.

On a different note, thanks for all y'all's comments! And thanks also for not sinking into despair with me. I mean, yeah, we're losing jobs to foreign countries (and yes, it will happen w/ 3d, as soon as the ppl over there are trained enough), and studios and game companies (more the latter than former) are sprouting up and dying off faster than you can shish-kabob. But... I'm not being optimistic. The market's still there. And if enough people band together and fight collectively, we might even be ok.

And finally, last week I did the subway foot-long for two days thing. Nice on my wallet, tasty on Monday, but soggy bread on Wednesday. Any ideas on how to keep the bread from soggy-ing up in two days? I was thinking of just putting it in a container instead of keeping it in its wrapper, but I'm not sure if that'll work. The bad thing about subway sandwiching it? It takes time to take the shuttle to the main campus (the Subway's out front) and then take it back to the Academy. It's time taken away from precious high-speed internet!

No comments: