Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Retreat was a blast! I really like that it was held at a hotel. It was pretty relaxing as well as fun. The family feud game was hilarious. One category was "Fruit that's the Easiest to Eat" and the guy up rang in and said, "Mango." Suffice it to say, everybody ribbed him good-naturedly for the rest of the night. Another category that came up while my team was up was "What You Would Do if There was No Toilet Paper in a Public Restroom." That produced some... interesting answers.

Anyway, the retreat was refreshing, as well, spiritually. Yeah, it's like that at every retreat, almost. But that's what retreats are for! And while blasphemous thoughts still invade my mind, it's good to know that in the end, Jesus Christ is my lord and savior, no matter what. Actually, the verse that really helped was Psalm 84:11 -- For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. The speaker said that since God will not withhold anything good, then perhaps the reason you don't have something is because it's not good for you at the moment.

Anyway, here's my schedule for the rest of the week:

Today: School all day and then heading over to my aunt's in Rolling Hills
Thursday: Baby-sitting my cousin 'til about 2 pm, and then work from 6:45 to 10:45 pm, then head back to Rolling Hills
Friday: Baby-sitting my cousin 'til about 2 pm, and then work from 7:45 to 11:45 pm
Saturday: Work from 1 to 5 pm
Sunday: Church until about 1:30 pm

In case you didn't realize, I'm doing some hecka crazy driving this week. It's cuz my aunt in a panic (well, she never panicks outwardly) saying that Ryan's (my 4-yr-old cousin) school won't start 'til next week and they've been left w/o childcare for him this week since they thought that his school started right after Labor Day like other schools. If I could've gotten rid of my Thursday shift so I wouldn't have to drive back home and back, then I would have, but I was left without much time to arrange things. So... they owe me big? Nah, I'm feeling charitable this week. :)

No comments: