Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The wedding is coming along at a fast pace. It's pretty nuts. I have the tuxedo rental done, thank you Men's Warehouse! We bought the wedding dress awhile ago, actually it's a prom dress but I love it! It fits the ascetic of simple is better that I tend to go for. We bought our wedding bands, and they are titanium. I feel like I'm going to be like Wonder Woman and deflect bullets with this thing. My ring is a little to snug so I'm going to have it up sided... which basically means they are going to grind a little more metal out of it, for the low low cost of $35... yippie. We got some nice comfy shoes to go with the dress, that give Jeanna a little lift in her step. We also bought a slip because the dress is a little to translucent on one side. We got our room booked... TANGENT ALERT!!!!!


We are not setting up a "group rate" at the Luxor because frankly you can just get the same deal on line. Luxor isn't a expensive Vegas hotel, but it's not the cheapest either. So far the Stratosphere looks to be the good deal in town, but it's WAY far away. Excalibur is pretty cheap most of the time. My family is staying in the ghetto Mardi Gras Best Western. I suggest you check out www.travelocity.com for the best deals. Also sometimes booking at the last minute gets you a better deal. Also there is a Motel 6 across the freeway that is pretty cheap... /tangent

Which is a really groovy room in the Luxor Pyramid, which has been a personal dream of mine. The reception is mostly done, just have to pick our cake, menu (buffet!), and table setting color. We are pretty much done thinking what the invitation is going to say. Just need to send them out. All in all, it's very exciting! Plus the artiste and I totally pwnd on Warsong Gulch today in World of Warcraft! It was a fraking sweet day!

3 comments:

SuperLefty said...

man, the writing style was a bit different, but with the dress talk and the "wonder woman" references, you have to be careful there, whateley. i thought you was womenfolk for a while. glad that things are shaping up. guessing there's no eloping then, eh? btw, do i get a bouquet or a nosegay to hold?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I cannot think of a male superhero that wears anything that deflects bullets. Besides I am secure enough in my sexuality to say I would like to be like Wonder Woman... save a man... probably not an Amazonian... but her powers are pretty cool. If you read the recent "Sacrifice" storyline in the Superman comics, Wonder Woman whoops Superman's butt pretty good. Sure she would have lost eventually (Diana is enough of a warrior to know when she is not up to an opponent), but she held he own for a long time. Pretty awesomeo in my opinion. So yes while having Superman's powers is probably the best superhero to steal powers from... well actually Shazam would be, but thats another rant. Wonder Woman comes in a close second, and I would have her powers any day of the week if offered.

Artiste said...

Perhaps a simple "this is Whateley writing" at the beginning would have made things less confusing.

As for you bouquet, superlefty, I think we'll have to get something from the Luxor flower shop. Either that, or I could get something from Freed's florist (the bakery doing our cake) and I could give the Luxor's bouquet to you. I don't know. I suppose that's another thing I gotta find out.