Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Okay, I'll give you guys until the next week to figure out the source of ubbi-dubbi. Besides, I want to give two of my readers a chance to catch up after they get back from their honeymoon. (Hint: c'mon and zoom!)

I'm kinda gonna get a bit gushy here: I can't claim to know God's plan for me, my family, and the Universe, but all I can say is that He's definitely at work in my life. I mean, if God doesn't exist, then I'm too damn lucky.

Without going into detail lest I jinx my "errand" tomorrow, I'm just going to say that somehow, God has led me to the best possible solution for my life right now. I'm sure He didn't like that I wasn't going to church last year, but He did finally kick me in the butt to go, and now I really like my church. And at this church, I signed up to take a Bible study on finances. I didn't want to at first, since it cost money and an evening a week, but God worked His mojo and I was convinced to sign up right before it started. Once there, I learned a lot of good lessons, but one lesson really impacted me this past month. That God puts kings in power and He takes them away from power, meaning, it's all up to God whether or not you get that promotion, or in my case, that job. As you all know, I became unemployed early June and I have been scrounging around for jobs since. Well, I prayed to God about every application, and most of the time He said no. I was disappointed, but the lesson from Crown kept me hopeful knowing that getting a job isn't all up to me. I can turn in the application, attend the interviews, but it's ultimately God that determines whether or not I get the job. So I just did my part, prayed, and just kept the faith that God knew what He was doing.

And He did!!!

My aunts and uncle from Korea leave for the airport in approximately seven hours. It's been a great two weeks with them. And with my "errand" tomorrow, I realize now why God had me be unemployed this summer.

After all, they needed a translater, a local guide, and a local cuisine chef. If I was too busy working, then they wouldn't have gotten a taste of In-N-Out or tacos or homemade frappuccinos (which were somewhat of a failure). They wouldn't have known about GNC (and the really nice guy that gave me a discount). They wouldn't have been able to find the sunglass outlet. Nor been able to talk to the airline about scheduling changes. And I wouldn't have been able to stay up 'til 3 am chatting with my slightly-drunk uncle about the mindset of artists.

So... thank you God. I didn't like that I had no job, but now I'm glad I didn't. And now, God is still faithful. He still remembered my prayers from before. Now, I don't know what the outcome of my "errand" will be, but I have faith that God will put me where I need to be.

No comments: