Thursday, July 31, 2003

Ubbi-dubbi... c'mon y'guys!

Alright, so now I'll reveal what my "errand" was: a second interview at Starbucks. To quote a young slave from Tatooine, "Yipee!"

So, I had a rather long discussion with my friend regarding yesterday's post, but I will not go into it. Instead, I'll just make this one statement: my faith would have me praising all the glory to God, but I think on a humanist psychological level, I don't dare claim glory for myself because it's too easy to get your ego crushed that way. Hell, I was a hotshot in highschool, but Berkeley smashed it outta me. Perhaps the best way to describe this way of thinking is, I won't get anything because I don't deserved it and it's only by the grace of God that I get anything. From the ego's self-preservation POV, it makes sense. Well, this turned out to be more than one statement.

I think the interview at Starbucks went well, though it was with the shift lead instead of the store manager. I did get a free drink, though. A huge thing of chai latte over ice. Mmmmm, good. One of the questions was what I would change about Starbucks. I didn't really have one, but I just replied, well, I really like Thai Ice Tea, so Starbucks should make a drink out of it.

Is it a good sign if the interviewer talks more about himself than me?

No comments: