Sunday, August 03, 2003

Crap, I had written a lengthy post, and then it got lost! Dagnabit!

Alright, I'm getting tired, but to recount: Thanks for your comments, sorry you can't delete a double-post, all you have to do is click "comment" once and have faith that it is saving.

Hint for the origins of Ubbi-dubbi.

Anyway, briefly, I went kayaking with church folks today. Malibu Kayaks. It was fun, but three hours of oaring is a tough workout. And the water that splashed onto me is seawater, so it dried to a nice, thin layer of salt. My shoulders are killing me, but I think what's worse is that I got sunburned... again. I swear, I put on so much sunblock. SPF 30! And yet, my legs have developed a reddish tinge. Due to this activity, I wasn't able to go to the airport with my parents to meet up with my sister and her husband (!) before they flew back to San Jose. I get torn like that. There have been other times where I was forced to choose between hanging out with family or friends. (Sometimes that choice was taken away from me.) I guess it's cool that I actually do like hanging out with my family, considering that many other 24-year-olds avoid it like the plague. I guess I just want the best of both worlds. Especially since my weekdays tend to be filled with boredom and/or loneliness. Well, I'm not really lonely. There are many times I prefer solitude to company. But I don't think I can ever live alone. It's comforting to know that my parents are in the other room. But it sucks to want company and not have it, and also to have too much company. Such are the little dilemmas of life. Hardly worth mentioning. 'Cept in my blog!

No word from Starbucks yet. They said that my availabilities is one of the biggest hiring factors. Well, I'm free practically every single day, and it was true when I applied four weeks ago, and it'll be true for about three more weeks. But then school will start! Aye chihuahua. Who knew that it would take a month to hire for a coffeeshop?

No comments: